Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Halloween 2 - 2009

Director:

 

Writer:

 

Laurie Strode struggles to come to terms with her brother Michael's deadly return to Haddonfield, Illinois; meanwhile, Michael prepares for another reunion with his sister.

MY REVIEW:

The Halloween series has been one of my favorites for many years. For some reason Michael Myers has always creeped me out. I think it partially has to do with the mask (even if it is William Shatner, lol) and the fact that he doesn't speak. Sure, he can't be killed, but you get over that and just enjoy the movies for what they are.

With that said, I was a little disappointed in this remake of the 1981 original. I have to admit I haven't seen a Rob Zombie remake before this so I don't know if this is typical of his style. If so, I may just steer clear. I get it, these are pretty simple plots (if you even want to call it that). Killer wants to kill. People want to live. There was just something about this one that left a lot to be desired. Pretty unbelievable, considering there usually isn't much to these types of movies. I do know that Donald Pleasance adds a lot as Dr. Loomis in the original and maybe that has something to do with it. I don't know, just wasn't a fan.

What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment