Monday, October 27, 2014

Halloween (1978 Version)

A psychotic murderer institutionalized since childhood for the murder of his sister, escapes and stalks a bookish adolescent girl and her friends while his doctor chases him through the streets.

Director:

 

Writers:

  (screenplay), (screenplay)

My Review:

With Halloween right around the corner, I am really enjoying watching some of the classic horror movies, movies I haven't seen in many, many years. Halloween would be one of those movies.

Are parts of it ridiculous? Of course, just like all slasher movies, this one has areas where you question the person for doing things they do. But, I think Michael Myers has always been my favorite slasher, over Freddy and Jason. There is just something more ominous about a young boy who has killed his sister, and then escapes from an institution to find the sister that got away (well, she was an infant at the time of the original murder). Of course the franchise goes on to make a bunch more movies, and I will probably review these at some point. Do they go overboard, just like the Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street franchises? Absolutely. But, this original horror movie is still worth the watch to this day. I loved watching it, just like I did the first time I saw it.

Have you seen it? I'd love to hear your thoughts, on this or any other horror movie you might like.

No comments:

Post a Comment