Thursday, December 4, 2014

Saw: The Final Chapter - Movie Review



I have to admit - sometimes I just want to watch a movie that is exactly what it is supposed to be. In the horror genre, this can be hard at times. Sometimes they try to make it into so much more. I have only seen the first SAW movie, and to be honest I don't really remember it. I do know that I enjoyed it but I don't remember many of the details.

During the Halloween season I dvr'd quite a few movies, and some of them I started to watch and actually turned off. So, when I decided to watch Saw: The Final Chapter I wasn't sure what to expect. But, I have to admit, I LOVED this movie. Is there some extremely involved plot? No. But, I don't always want that in a horror movie - sometimes all I'm looking for is suspense and gore, which this movie delivers in spades.

Reminiscent of Seven, Jigsaw seems to mainly target individuals who he feels aren't good citizens, and the main target in this installment is a man claiming to have been a previous victim of Jigsaw - someone who has survived this monsters torment. In fact, he is just someone looking for some attention, and to make money off of the best seller he penned. Needless to say, he has to go through his own puzzle, trying to save those he hold closest to his heart.

I certainly need to watch this entire series, as these movies are right up my alley. What about you, have you watched them? If so, what are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment